Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is a full-service national mortgage lender and agency direct seller/servicer. Caliber originates loans through various channels and transaction types, including a network of retail branches, wholesale lending, correspondent and emerging banker lending, and a consumer-direct centralized operation specializing in a variety of loan programs for purchase and refinance such as conforming, jumbo, and government products. Caliber also offers innovative servicing solutions for both conforming and non-conforming loans. Caliber is led by a veteran senior management team that consists of mortgage banking professionals with a history of building successful national mortgage operations. Caliber is owned by Lone Star Funds, a global private equity fund.
The Closer/Funder is responsible for preparing loan packages for the closing and funding process.
- Review loan package for required documentation
- Ensure loan package meets compliance guidelines and fixing discrepancies as necessary
- Input and confirm data required to generate closing documents
- Generate, review, and approve the Closing Package & HUD1 Settlement Statement
- Serve as liaison between Caliber and closing agent
- Calculate funding amount for each loan package, balances figures with closing agent, releases wire and funds loan
- Complete work within established closing deadlines
- This position is considered a non-loan originator position, this means participants may not engage in activities of a loan originator, including: communicating directly with borrowers about credit qualification or loan terms, including pricing concessions or other transaction-specific terms or conditions
- High school diploma or equivalent required; 4-year college degree preferred
- 1+ years of mortgage-related experience
- 1+ years loan funding experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of loan documentation
- Advanced computer sills including Excel and Outlook
- Advanced mathematical skills
- Familiar with reading and interpreting insurance policies, tax information, prelims, appraisals and settlement statements
- Knowledge of MDIA and RESPA disclosure requirements
Caliber Home Loans, Inc. is focused on being the best mortgage company in the United States and winning through talent. Caliber is committed to diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Visit us at www.CaliberHomeLoans.com to learn more.
[button type=”primary” link=”https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=ExternalCaliberHomeLoans&_icx=v02Pg0E8dry77as%2F53w4AJaa70NZw%2Fw8fF8hbFO1EF85wLt9DxjYJuzTaiz3cC3bUG0&c=1060341&_dissimuloSSO=k81IQ_xGY14:XQC7YMN_-Mx6DdXOyW3KVTQohAw”]Apply Now[/button]